I would like to share with you something I did find on Pinterest - MASON JAR SALADS- absolute greatness! - Seriously, I make them up on Sunday and take them to work for my lunch, I have been making and eating for about a month now - SO SIMPLE and they look beautiful!
My favorite so far is ham/chicken salad
Starting with a MASON jar - wide mouth -
Salad dressing on the bottom - I use Walden Farms since
I'm diabetic this is Calorie Free/Sugar Free/Fat Free/ Carb Free/ Gluten Free and Cholesterol Free! Ceasar is my choice.
next carrot shreds - this veggie is solid enough to hold the dressing
Cherry Tomatoes
Chopped black olives you dont have to use these but I love black olives!
Brocolli
chicken/ham diced
Lettuce- I LOVE the Romain lettuce. Leafy
Lid and put in fridge - they keep for up to 7 days - lettuce stays so fresh
Once i open for my lunch, the shredded carrots have held the dressing, its like you make the salad as you pull out the layers -
I also make a wonderful fruit salad with blueberries/pineapple and rasberries - Poppy seed dressing
Yum!
The Mason Jars i found at my local Kroger. With my reward card the inital purchase of ALL items ran about 60.00. This lasted me thru 2 weeks - made 4 jars . and still have fruit left for my breakfast!

No comments:
Post a Comment