

Just another day in the life of my world. Today I didnt accomplish much, worked on boring numbers, my leg is bothering me so its time to purchase a new chair. Amazes me how many chairs I've been thru in the 10 years I have worked here at DTC. Really has been the longest I've stayed at one job. Wow - see what old age gets you? Settled. which I never in my wildest dreams thought could happen to me. Settled.
What a word
set·tled; set·tling \ˈset-liŋ, ˈse-təl-iŋ\ Etymology:Middle English, to seat, bring to rest, come to rest, from Old English setlan, from setl seat.
1: to place so as to stay 2 a: to establish in residence b: to furnish with inhabitants : colonize3 a: to cause to pack down b: to clarify by causing dregs or impurities to sink.
So there it is, I have come to rest. I have lived in my home for 10 years, worked same job 10 years. Prior to this I lived in Minnesota, North Dakota, Illinois then Texas, where i did live in a few places before Settling in dallas. Alll the time draggin my boys along for the ride. What a ride it has been. 1982 called up dad and said come get us WOW, 27 years and Im still considered a Yankee LOL
But on the up side, my parents live 55 miles south, my son's both live 15 minutes north and I have Alfred Lord Tennyson (Alfie) right picture above and Edgar Allen Poe (Poe) left picture, to go home to at night. Pictures of them together are not much of an option. The Beasty boys as I refer to them, do not like to sit still next to one another. Sound familuar? yeah just like kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment