

So recently I've been thinking a lot about the fact that a large portion of the music I listen to consists of female pianists/singer-songwriters. It all started with Fiona Apple, then Tori Amos, and from there, many others. I have somewhat of a fetish for the piano. I find it to be such a beautiful instrument which I absolutely do not have the patience to learn. I can play about three different things one-handed - don't get me started on both. I've also always been more into female voices for some unknown reason. Probably 80% of my music consists of women. Anyway, I've been thinking about who's at the top of this group of artists and have decided my top five.
1. Tori Amos
2. Imogen Heap
3. Sarah Slean
4. Laura Nyro
5. Amanda Palmer (of The Dresden Dolls)
1. Tori Amos
2. Imogen Heap
3. Sarah Slean
4. Laura Nyro
5. Amanda Palmer (of The Dresden Dolls)
BTW - I played a few notes each time and she followed - we did do twinkle twinkle little star - She was SO proud
You have wonderful taste in music! I love the dresden dolls and imogen heap!!! So glad you started a blog!!!!
ReplyDelete-Ali
So cute on your piano!
ReplyDelete